Friday, November 8, 2013

Letters to Dustin in Kansas: Day 2

Dear Dustin,

I know I said we were just going to stay at home yesterday, but it was a beautiful day so we went to play group. We haven't been in months! And everyone was surprised to see us there.

Robert played really well using his un-casted hand. He was even climbing on the "spider web" and grabbing with both hands. Aside from Bryce accidentally stepping on his hand, it was good therapy for him.

His finger already looks so much better than it did right after. All of the dried and scabbed up part has fallen off. Only the nail remains, and I think it may be off before you get back.

He has taken three long baths and is loving playing in the water.

His cough sounds wetter, if that makes sense. But I think it is progressing positively.

I didn't take him to school today either. After I got a little decongestant in him, he probably would have been fine. But, I just didn't. I dunno. We just hung out.

I ended up having to go to the store yesterday. Nicole needed me to sign some checks. Robert was so worn out from playing that he fell asleep on my lap at the desk.
It was really good for him (and me) to get out and see some friends.

Yoni invited us to their house for dinner last night. She made chalupas/tostados from a leftover pork roast and it was REALLY good. She gave me some to take home and I had that for lunch. We had leftover P.F. Changs for dinner.

Last night about an hour after Robert had been asleep, he woke up crying so I brought him in to sleep with me. He was really cute this morning. In the early morning he pulled the blanket up on me and then got my extra eye mask and put it on. He whispered that it was still sleeping time and cuddled up next to me.

Because we went to play group, work and Yoni's, I didn't get as much done at home as I had planned yesterday. So there were mountains of clothes to wash, iron, sort and pack up today. Robert has had a recent growth spurt and more clothes than I realized are too short for him.

I'm still feeling tired/worn down/like I'm getting sick, but some down time has been good. And, I've been able to clear some space off of the DVR.

Nothing else really to report.

Looking forward to having you back tomorrow. We've missed you.

Much love,
Carli